Section : Word from God
So remember when Mary said, “My Lord, how will I have a child when no man has touched me?” [The angel] said, “Such is God; He creates what He wills. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, ‘Be,’ and it is.
For the word of the LORD is upright, and all His work is trustworthy
O people of the Book, be not excessive in your Faith, and do not say about Allah anything but the truth. The Messiah ‘Jesus, the son of Mary, is only a Messenger of God, and His Word that He had delivered to Mary, and a spirit from Him [created at a command Quran 36:82, Sahih al-Bukhari 7510, Sahih al-Bukhari 3435, Psalm 104:30] So, believe in God and His Messenger. Do not say “Three”. Stop it. That is good for you. Allah is the only One God. He is far too pure to have a son. To Him belongs what is in the heavens and what is in the earth. And Allah is enough to trust in.
So the angels called out to him while he stood praying in the sanctuary, “Allah gives you good news of ˹the birth of˺ John who will confirm the Word of Allah and will be a great leader, chaste, and a prophet among the righteous.
By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth.
He is the Originator of the heavens and the earth. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, “Be,” and it is.
📖2 Ezra 16:55 – 56
When the Lord said, “Let the world be created,” it was done! When he said, “Let the sky be created,” that was done too. He set the stars in place by his command, and he knows how many of them there are.
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
New International Version
Let them praise the name of the LORD, for at his command they were created,
For He spoke, and it was; He commanded, and it stood.
He spoke, and various sorts of flies came, and lice in all their coasts.
He spoke, and the locusts came, and caterpillars, and that without number.
📖2 Ezra 6:43
As soon as Your word went forth, the work was made.
The LORD has made everything for His purpose—even the wicked for the day of disaster.
His command is only when He intends a thing that He says to it, “Be,” and it is
Indeed, the example of Jesus to God is like that of Adam. He created him from dust; then He said to him, “Be,” and he was. The truth is from your Lord, so do not be among the doubters.
For of His own will, He produced us with the word of truth, so that we should be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.
📖Book of Jubilees 12:3
So serve the God of heaven, who causes the rain and the dew to descend on the earth, and does everything upon the earth, and has created everything by His word, and all life is from before His Face.
- The concept of “the word of God” as described in Genesis 1:3. According to the Bible, it is believed that God created the universe and everything in it through His spoken word. In the account of creation in Genesis, it is mentioned that God simply spoke, saying, “Let there be light,” and immediately there was light, demonstrating His supreme power and authority over creation. This concept is often interpreted as a demonstration of God’s ability to bring things into existence by His mere command, emphasizing His omnipotence and sovereignty. Similarly, Jesus as the “Word of God” include the idea of God creating Jesus through His speech, similar to the account of creation in the book of Genesis. This interpretation suggests that God’s spoken word brought Jesus into existence.
Section : Spirit From God
- Jesus was not a “part,” “person,” or “activity” of God that separated and dwelled inside Mary. He is referred to as a “Spirit” from God as a symbol of respect and honor, not as divinity. Jesus was a spirit, or more accurately, a soul created by God, brought by Gabriel, a mighty angel of God, and breathed into Mary.
And mention, [O Muhammad], in the Book [the story of] Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place toward the east. And she took, in seclusion from them, a screen. Then We sent to her Our Angel [i.e., Gabriel], and he represented himself to her as a well-proportioned man. She said, “Indeed, I seek refuge in the Most Merciful from you, [so leave me], if you should be fearing of Allah.
He said, “I am only the messenger of your Lord to give you [news of] a pure boy [i.e., son]. She said, “How can I have a boy while no man has touched me and I have not been unchaste?” He said, “Thus [it will be]; your Lord says, ‘It is easy for Me, and We will make him a sign to the people and a mercy from Us. And it is a matter [already] decreed.
📖Quran 4:171 a Spirit From Him.
📖Psalm 104:30 When you send your Spirit, they are created, and you renew the face of the ground.
- The Spirit or soul is a creation of God.
Mention, when your Lord said to the angels,`Indeed I am about to create a human being out of clay, and this was Adam, So when I have proportioned him and breathed into him of My [created Psalm 104:30 ] Spirit, then fall down to him in prostration.
- Likewise, God also gives Adam this characteristic of being His spirit. God said when He ordered the angels to prostrate to Adam upon his creation.
Indeed, the likeness of Jesus to Allah is like that of Adam. He created him from dust; then He said to him, “Be,” and he was.
English – Tafsir Jalalayn
Truly, the likeness of Jesus, his remarkable case, in God’s sight, is as Adam’s likeness, as the case of Adam, whom God created without father or mother: this is a comparison of one remarkable thing with another more remarkable, so that it convinces the disputer and establishes itself in one’s mind more effectively. He created him, Adam, that is, his form, of dust, then said He to him, `Be,’, a human being, and he was; similarly, He said to Jesus, `Be’ — without a father — and he was.
- Indeed Jesus is given an honored status in the Quran and is has been given certain titles and descriptions not given to other prophets, but this in no way should cause a person to believe that Jesus was anything other than mortal. This can be summarized in the following verse in which God says:
The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
- The Spirit of God hath made me. This is assigned as the main reason why Job should give his best attention to Elihu’s words. Elihu claims to be quickened and informed by the Creation Spirit Psalm 104:30 which was once breathed into man (Genesis 2:7), whereby man became a living soul (comp. Job 32:8). And the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.
That is how Allah creates what He wills. When He decides a matter, Thus Allah creates whatever He decides. When He has decreed a Command, then He only says to it, ‘Be!’ so it is!.
📖Quran 3:54 – 56
And [the disbelievers] planned, but God planned. And God is the best of planners. When God said, “O Jesus, indeed I will take [your soul] and raise you to Myself and purify you from those who disbelieve and make those who follow you superior to those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then your return is to Me, and I will judge between you concerning those [matters] in which you used to differ. And as for those who disbelieved, I will punish them with a severe punishment in this world and the Hereafter, and they will have no helpers.
So Jesus said, “I am with you only a little while longer, and then I am going to the One who sent Me.
And for their saying, “We have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the Messenger of God.” In fact, they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them as if they did. Indeed, those who differ about him are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it, except the following of assumptions. Certainly, they did not kill him. Rather, God raised him up to Himself. God is Mighty and Wise.
That is ‘Jesus, the son of Mary, to say the truth in which they (Christians) are disputing.
˹Jesus also declared,˺ “Surely Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him ˹alone˺. This is the Straight Path.
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.
- The usage of the term “Father” to refer to God in the Bible has been a common and traditional understanding among many Christian denominations. The term “Father” is used in the Bible, particularly in the New Testament, to refer to God as a metaphorical or symbolic representation of God’s loving care, guidance, and relationship with humanity. It is associated with the idea of God as a loving and nurturing parent, providing for and protecting His children.
“Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the LORD must be destroyed.
Fight those who do not believe in Allah and the Last Day, nor comply with what Allah and His Messenger have forbidden, nor embrace the religion of truth from among those who were given the Scripture, until they pay the tax, willingly submitting, fully humbled.
The Jews say, “Ezra is the son of Allah,” while the Christians say, “The Messiah is the son of Allah. Such are their baseless assertions, only parroting the words of earlier disbelievers. May Allah condemn them! How can they be deluded ˹from the truth˺?
They have taken their rabbis and monks as well as the Messiah, son of Mary, as lords besides Allah, even though they were commanded to worship none but One God. There is no god ˹worthy of worship˺ except Him. Glorified is He above what they associate ˹with Him˺!
Yet their ˹various˺ groups have differed among themselves ˹about him˺, so woe to the disbelievers when they face a tremendous Day!How clearly will they hear and see on the Day they will come to Us! But today the wrongdoers are clearly astray.
And God will say (on the Day of Resurrection), ‘O Jesus, son of Mary, did you say to people, ‘Worship me and my mother instead of God?’’ He will say, ‘Glory be to You! It is not for me to say what I have no right (to say). If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is (hidden) in myself and I do not know what is in Yours. Indeed, You are the Knower of the unseen.’ I did not tell them except what You commanded me, ‘Worship God, my Lord and your Lord.’ And I was a witness over them while I was among them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things. If You punish them, they are Your servants, and if You forgive them, indeed You are the All-Mighty, the All- Wise.” God will say, ‘This is the Day when the truth will benefit those who were truthful. To them belong gardens with rivers running through it (in Paradise), where they will stay forever. God is pleased with them and they are pleased with Him. That is the great success.’ To God belongs the heavens and the earth and whatever is within them, and He is Able to do all.”
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my God who is in heaven,Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’Then I ( Jesus ) will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
📖Luke 13:26-27 & luke 13:28
Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’ And he will answer, ‘I tell you, I do not know where you are from. Depart from me, all you evildoers. There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out.
Heavenly Ascensions: Elijah & Enoch in the Old Testament
- The Christian Bible, in the Old Testament, records that both the prophet Elijah and the patriarch Enoch were bodily assumed into Heaven on a chariot of fire & according to Catholicism Enoch and Elijah are said in scripture to have been taken into heaven while still alive and not experiencing physical death.
New International Version
After he became the father of Methuselah, Enoch walked faithfully with God 300 years and had other sons and daughters. Altogether, Enoch lived a total of 365 years. Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.
By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death: “He could not be found, because God had taken him away. For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God.
And mention in the Book, Idrees. Indeed, he was a man of truth and a prophet, And We raised him to a high station.
- Islamic scholars have identified the prophet Idris to be the same person as Enoch from the Bible. This is because the Quran states that God “raised him to a lofty station”, and that has been taken to be a term for ascending, upon which it is concluded that “Idris” was “Enoch.
📖2 Kings 2:11
As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.
They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not. “Are you the Prophet?” He answered, “No.
- According to the Bible, in John 1:21, when asked if he was Elijah, John the Baptist denied being Elijah. However, some Christian denominations interpret this differently, believing that John the Baptist fulfilled the prophecy of Elijah’s return in a symbolic or spiritual sense, rather than a literal physical reincarnation of Elijah. This interpretation may vary among different sects and denominations within Christianity
Please do not hesitate to point out any inaccuracies or mistakes in the information presented in this article. Your feedback is invaluable to us, and we welcome your comments or emails to notify us of any errors you may have identified. We are committed to ensuring the accuracy and reliability of our content, and we will take prompt action to rectify any discrepancies or misinformation. Thank you for your assistance in helping us maintain the highest quality standards in our articles.