📖Jami` at-Tirmidhi 2518
Al-Hasan bin ‘Ali said: “I remember that the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said: ‘Leave what makes you in doubt for what does not make you in doubt. The truth brings tranquility while falsehood sows doubt.'”
From this hadith, there are several lessons we can learn:
- Importance of certainty: The hadith highlights the significance of having certainty in matters of faith and belief. It encourages individuals to leave behind actions or beliefs that create doubt and instead choose those that provide a sense of certainty.
- Pursuit of truth: The hadith emphasizes the importance of seeking truth and distinguishing it from falsehood. It suggests that truth brings tranquility, while falsehood fosters doubt. It encourages individuals to prioritize the pursuit of truth and to align their beliefs and actions accordingly.
- Resolving doubts: The hadith implies that doubts can disrupt one’s sense of peace and well-being. It advises believers to address and resolve their doubts by embracing what brings certainty and tranquility. This can involve seeking knowledge, engaging in self-reflection, and seeking guidance from knowledgeable individuals.
- Importance of personal discernment: The hadith encourages individuals to use their own discernment and judgment to identify what causes doubt and what brings tranquility. It emphasizes the responsibility of each person to make informed decisions based on their own understanding and conviction.
- Spiritual well-being: The hadith underscores the connection between truth, certainty, and inner tranquility. It suggests that embracing the truth and avoiding doubt contribute to one’s spiritual well-being and inner peace.
Overall, this hadith emphasizes the significance of seeking truth, resolving doubts, and cultivating a sense of certainty and tranquility in matters of faith. It encourages individuals to make informed choices, prioritize personal conviction, and strive for spiritual well-being.