The Muslim and Jewish Conflict
📖Sahih al-Bukhari 3593
Narrated `Abdullah bin `Umar:
I heard Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) saying, “The Jews will fight with you, and you will be given victory over them so that a stone will say, ‘O Muslim! There is a Jew behind me; kill him!’
📖Sahih Muslim 2922
Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) as saying: The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him; but the tree Gharqad would not say, for it is the tree of the Jews.
- These hadith referring In the last hour, there will be a conflict between Muslims and Jews. The Jews will initiate the war, resulting in a major battle where many Jews will be killed. The hadith mentions the concept of stones and trees ‘speaking,’ which could be understood metaphorically or beyond our comprehension. These hadith also suggest that the Jews will acquire the strength to fight against Muslims, indicating their acquisition of power and the land where they planted Gharqad trees. This hadith also signifies the end of the occupied state of Israel. It’s important to note that the term “Jewish” in the hadith doesn’t imply all Jews are the same, similar to the reference in the Book of Revelation 2:9 & 3:9, which mentions that those who claim to be Jewish are not truly Jewish but rather synagogue of Satan. The hadith employs the term “Jewish” because they identify themselves as such.
How Muslims Will Achieve Victory in the War
As mentioned earlier, the so-called Jewish will initiate the war, and Muslims will respond to their attack. However, they will not achieve victory, and it is highly likely that the war will not cease but continue until the army of the Guided One arrives.
📖Sunan Abi Dawud 2535
When you see the caliphate has settled in the holy land, earthquakes, sorrows and serious matters will have drawn near and on that day the Last Hour will be nearer to mankind.
📖Sahih Muslim 156
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: A section of my people will not cease fighting for the Truth and will prevail till the Day of Resurrection. He said: Jesus son of Mary would then descend and their (Muslims’) commander would invite him to come and lead them in prayer, but he would say: No, some amongst you are commanders over some (amongst you). This is the honour from Allah for this Ummah.
📖Jami` at-Tirmidhi 2269
Abu Hurairah narrated that the Messenger of Allah(s.a.w) said: “Black standards will come from Khurasan, nothing shall turn them back until they are planted in Jerusalem.
- While this hadith Tirmidhi 2269 is weak, similar references can be found in various other books. As mentioned earlier, the Jews will initiate the war, which will continue to persist. The only solution then is to fight against those who are fighting with the Muslims. According to this hadith, a group of army will arrive during the ongoing war when Muslims are left with no hope. They will fight and emerge victorious. Consequently, casualties will occur not due to a targeted intention to kill, but as a result of the ongoing warfare.
Will Muslims Eliminate All Jews?
There is no reference that Muslims will eliminate all Jews. As mentioned, it will be a war where the Jews will initiate the conflict, and Muslims will respond, but victory will only come when the army of the guided one arrives. During the war, casualties will be expected on both sides. After the Muslims win the war, further conflicts will continue, but during this time, the righteous Jews who adhere to the Torah will likely embrace Islam. This transformation will occur as the guided one reveals the truth to them, leading them to find answers and accept Islam.
The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the LORD.
📖Sunan Abi Dawud 4283
Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said: If only one day of this time (world) remained, Allah would raise up a man from my family who would fill this earth with justice as it has been filled with oppression.
- It is important to note that the Guided One is merely a chosen human by God, not a Prophet or the Messiah. In Islam, there is no Prophet after Prophet Muhammad, and the Messiah is Jesus Christ. We believe that Jesus was raised to heaven by God, and he will return before the end of the world. He will not be born again as he was two thousand years ago, but will descend from heaven, and people will witness his coming.
📖Sahih Muslim 2793
Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) as saying: If ten scholars of the Jews would follow me, no Jew would be left upon the surface of the earth who would not embrace Islam.
- According to this hadith, the Prophet stated that if ten Jewish scholars follow him, all Jews will embrace Islam. Historically, more than ten scholars have accepted Islam, so this hadith has not yet been fulfilled. It most likely refers to an event before the end of the world, where the righteous Jews will accept Islam, as i mentioned earlier.
The Appearance of the Antichrist and Jesus Christ
📖Sunan Abi Dawud 4292
Dhu Mikhbar said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say: you will make a secure peace with the Byzantines, then you and they will fight an enemy behind you, and you will be victorious, take booty, and be safe. You will then return and alight in a meadow with mounds and one of the Christians will raise the cross and say: The cross has conquered. One of the Muslims will become angry and smash it, and the Byzantines will act treacherously and prepare for the battle.
📖Sunan Ibn Majah 4095
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “There will be a treaty between you and Banu Asfar (The Romans), but they will betray you and will march against you with eighty banners, under each of which there will be twelve thousand troops.
📖Sahih Muslim 2897
Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) as saying: The Last Hour would not come until the Romans would land at al-A’maq or in Dabiq. An army consisting of the best (soldiers) of the people of the earth at that time will come from Medina (to counteract them). When they will arrange themselves in ranks, the Romans would say: Do not stand between us and those (Muslims) who took prisoners from amongst us. Let us fight with them; and the Muslims would say: Nay, by Allah, we would never get aside from you and from our brethren that you may fight them. They will then fight and a third (part) of the army would run away, whom Allah will never forgive. A third (part of the army) which would be constituted of excellent martyrs in Allah’s eye, would be killed and the third who would never be put to trial would win and they would be conquerors of Constantinople. And as they would be busy in distributing the spoils of war (amongst themselves) after hanging their swords by the olive trees, the Satan would cry: The Dajjal has taken your place among your family. They would then come out, but it would be of no avail. And when they would come to Syria, he would come out while they would be still preparing themselves for battle drawing up the ranks –
📖Sahih Muslim 2944
Anas b. Malik reported that Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) said: The Dajjal would be followed by seventy thousand Jews of Isfahan wearing Persian shawls.
- This hadith indicates that when the Muslims emerge victorious and the remaining righteous Jews revert to their ancestral faith, some Jews from Isfahan will join the Antichrist. They will follow the Antichrist due to their animosity towards the Muslims, who converted their fellow Jews, or due to the battles in which the Jewish community suffered losses. This hadith also clearly suggests that they will come from a different place.
📖Riyad as-Salihin 1809 Rib’i bin Hirash (May Allah be pleased with him) said: I accompanied Abu Mas’ud Al-Ansari to Hudaifah bin Al-Yaman (May Allah be pleased with them). Abu Mas’ud said to him: “Tell us what you heard from the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) about Dajjal (the Antichrist).” Hudaifah said: He (ﷺ) said, “Dajjal will appear, and with him will be water and fire. That which people consider to be water will in fact be a burning fire, and that which people will consider to be fire will in fact be cool and sweet water. He who from amongst you happens to face him, should jump into that which he sees as fire for that will be nice and sweet water.” Abu Mas’ud said: “I have also heard this from the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ).
📖2 Thessalonians 2:4 Bible | Sahih Muslim 2938 c: He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.
- These hadiths suggest an imminent war in which Muslims and Byzantines will join forces to confront an unidentified common enemy. After their victory, they will eventually turn on each other. Furthermore, another hadith implies that Constantinople will return to Christian control, suggesting that Muslims might lose the city during the conflict, but the conflict will persist, and within that time frame, Muslims will reclaim their land. At that time, the seventy thousand Jews of Isfahan will align with the Antichrist, driven by their animosity towards Muslims, because previously their fellow Jewish who fought against muslim and lose it, Thus, these Jews will follow the Antichrist, believing him to be their real Messiah, unaware that he is, in fact, the Antichrist. Meanwhile, the Antichrist will deceive many Christians with miracles and claims of being Jesus Christ or the Son of God. They will follow him because they lost a war against Muslims at that time. However, Muslims and the Jewish who reverted to Islam, as I mentioned earlier, who do not believe that God is human, will not be easily misled by the Antichrist, except for a few. When the Antichrist proclaim himself to be God, the remaining Jews who followed him may reject him because it goes against their Torah to accept the notion of God taking human form. This narrative suggests that a significant number of Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, and others who believe in God’s incarnate form will follow him.
📖Sunan an-Nasa’i 3175
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ), said: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: ‘There are two groups of my Ummah whom Allah will free from the Fire: The group that invades India, and the group that will be with ‘Isa bin Maryam ( Jesus Christ the Son of Mary), peace be upon him.
- This hadith refers to two groups, one that invades India, and one that will be with Jesus Christ, the Son of Mary. Most scholars say the phrase ‘invades India’ has already happened, but it is not certain whether it has occurred. Most scholars believe it has not happened yet because the hadith itself included Jesus Christ, referring to an event that will happen during the time of Jesus’ second coming.
📖Sahih al-Bukhari 3449
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) said “How will you be when the son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends amongst you and your imam is among you.”
📖Sahih al-Bukhari 2476
Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) said, “The Hour will not be established until the son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends amongst you as a just ruler, he will break the (Christian ) cross, kill the pigs ( Meaning forbidden or it will be possible that God will give him the power so he will non exist the pig from the world), and abolish the Jizya tax. Money will be in abundance so that nobody will accept it (as charitable gifts).
📖Sahih Muslim 2897
Certainly, the time of prayer shall come and then Jesus (peace be upon him) son of Mary would descend and would lead them. When the enemy of Allah would see him, it would (disappear) just as the salt dissolves itself in water and if he (Jesus) were not to confront them at all, even then it would dissolve completely, but Allah would kill them by his hand and he would show them their blood on his lance (the lance of Jesus Christ).
Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division.
I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!
For I have come to turn “’a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.
- These events will occur when there is an emergence of injustice, the killing of Muslims, and the outbreak of wars, leading to a prevalent occurrence of such situations. It is essential to highlight that within Islam, participation in combat is only allowable in cases of self-defense, granting individuals the right to safeguard themselves. In Islam, it is not allowed to kill any innocent person, women, or children.
The False Prophet in the Book of Revelation 19:20
According to Christianity, Malachi 3:1 has already happened, as mentioned in Isaiah 40:3. In Islam, no new Prophet and messenger is expected after Prophet Muhammad, while we believe Jesus is a Prophet and messenger of God, the title “Messiah” designates him as the Anointed One. According to Islamic belief, Jesus will return as the Messiah, following the Qur’an and Sunnah. However, in Judaism, there is ongoing anticipation for Elijah, believed to be referenced in Malachi 3:1. Yet, this figure is not the Prophet Elijah but the false prophet mentioned in the book of Revelation 19:20. It is possible that this false prophet will not reveal himself directly to mankind but will instead prepare the world for the coming of the Antichrist.
After Jesus returns, many of the remaining Jews, Christians, and followers of other religions who were alive at that time may accept the truth. Jesus will eliminate the Antichrist after his second coming. Based on the references, we can deduce who the real Antichrist is, which is easy to conclude based on 2 Thessalonians 2:4 , where it’s stated that the Antichrist will claim to be God, and the book of Revelation 19:20 says that both the false prophet and the Antichrist will lead people to worship an image. So as we all know, Christians are waiting for their god, and many Christians and other religious people worship images, which means idols. It’s clear that Christians, Hindus, and Buddhists are the real Antichrists, It is also important to note that some Christians believe that the event mentioned in the Book of Revelation 19:20 has already occurred in the past, but the majority of Christians believe it is referring to a future event.
In this article, we have provided a description based on the hadith and biblical references. The explanation is our own understanding, and we have endeavored to elucidate the references as comprehensively as possible. However, it is crucial to visit your local mosque or connect with any scholars to gain a more in-depth understanding. If there are any inaccuracies in these explanations, please email us with your corrections, and we will update the article accordingly.