The death of the Sun And Stars Mentioned in Quran
In the Quran, there are several references to the death of the sun and stars.
And the sun runs its course for a term (appointed). That is the decree of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing.
- This verse suggests that the sun have a fixed lifespan and will eventually come to an end.
When the sun is wrapped up [in darkness]
It is Allah who erected the heavens without pillars that you [can] see; then He established Himself above the Throne and made subject the sun and the moon, each running [its course] for a specified term. He arranges [each] matter; He details the signs that you may, of the meeting with your Lord, be certain.
He causes the night to enter the day, and He causes the day to enter the night and has subjected the sun and the moon – each running [its course] for a specified term. That is Allah , your Lord; to Him belongs sovereignty. And those whom you invoke other than Him do not possess [as much as] the membrane of a date seed.
He created the heavens and earth in truth. He wraps the night over the day and wraps the day over the night and has subjected the sun and the moon, each running [its course] for a specified term. Unquestionably, He is the Exalted in Might, the Perpetual Forgiver.
- Our Sun isn’t quite as old as other stars out there. However, scientists are already trying to pinpoint exactly when the Sun will die. Of course, it isn’t as simple as throwing out a date. After all, we’re working with a massive ball of energy that we’ve still barely managed to scratch the surface of exploring. However, scientists have managed to figure out a few key points about the Sun’s future, including the end of its current life phase.
Reference : The death of the Sun
What happens to the Moon without the Sun
So when vision is dazzled, And the moon darkens, And the sun and the moon are joined.
- According to science the Sun will have long since become a white dwarf. (This will happen in 10 billion years.) And, in all likelihood, Earth and the Moon will not survive the Sun settling into its twilight years.
- Reference: The Moon moving away from Earth
- Reference: What happens to the Moon without the Sun
- Reference: What Happens as the Moon Moves Away from the Earth
- It is important to note that the ultimate knowledge and control over the universe rests with Allah, and that human knowledge and understanding is limited. While scientific research can provide valuable insights and predictions about the natural world, Muslims ultimately believe that only Allah knows the true nature of reality and what will happen in the future. Therefore, Muslims place their trust and faith in Allah’s guidance and wisdom.
So when the stars are obliterated.
- It is scientifically accurate that stars have a finite lifespan and will eventually exhaust their fuel, collapse, or explode. Therefore, in this sense, the phrase “when the stars are obliterated” can be interpreted as a scientifically accurate expression of the ultimate fate of stars. according to our current understanding of stellar evolution, all stars will eventually exhaust their fuel and undergo some form of collapse or explosion, leading to the end of their lives. The exact fate of a star depends on its mass, as higher mass stars consume their fuel more rapidly and end their lives in more dramatic events than lower mass stars. For example, low-mass stars like the Sun will eventually run out of fuel and become a white dwarf, a dense remnant that gradually cools over billions of years. Higher mass stars, on the other hand, can end their lives in supernova explosions, which can be some of the brightest events in the universe, or even collapse into black holes, leaving behind a singularity with extreme gravity. So, while the lifetimes of stars can vary greatly depending on their masses and other properties, all stars will eventually come to the end of their lives and undergo some form of collapse or explosion.
Reference: Stellar evolution – Wikipedia
The Day of Resurrection
[It will be] on the Day the earth will be replaced by another earth, and the heavens [as well], and all creatures will come out before Allah , the One, the Prevailing.
- It is obvious from this verse and some hints in the Quran that on the occasion of Resurrection, the Earth and the Heavens will not be totally destroyed but at the blowing of the First Trumpet, the existing physical system shall be disarranged. After this, between the blowing of the First and the Last Trumpet (Allah alone knows how long this interval will last), the present form and aspect of the earth and the heavens shall be transformed and a new physical system with new physical laws will come into existence. That will be the world of the Hereafter. When the Last Trumpet will be blown, all human beings from Adam to those born before the First Trumpet, shall be brought to life and appear before Allah. The Quran calls this Hashr which literally means “to muster and gather together”. It appears from the wording of the Quran and some clear statements in the traditions that this will take place on this Earth. The Seat of Judgment and the Scales will be established on the Earth and the decisions will be passed here. This is also clear from the Quran and the traditions that the life in the Hereafter will not merely be a spiritual life but the very physical and spiritual life which we are living now on this earth; and every individual shall receive his reward or punishment exactly in that personality in which he or she is living in the life of this world.